Eng255

November 12th, 2010

Perspolis–part one

Posted by jeannem in Uncategorized

There’s some really heavy stuff going on in this book so far and its all being told from a child’s point of view.  It’s kind of like we’re being taught about the islamic revolution as if we were there along side Marjane.  It’s weird to see the way something so crazy could impact the life of a child who went through this whole thing. One might not even think to look at things like this.

I googled The Islamic revolutiion in oder to get a better undderstanding of what happened form a different perspective and came across http://www.iranchamber.com/history/islamic_revolution/islamic_revolution.phpin.

This website makes everything that happened in Persepolis look so cut and dry.  Even though I could catch some of the horrific things that took place in the article that were mentioned in the book such as riots, rebellions, deaths, and hostages, there isn’t really much about how it effected the country and its people.

I think thats what this book does.  It tells what happened in a way that people can really understand what it was like for these people to suddenly have thier lives turned upside down by a new leader and his new rules.  I really got a feel for the emotions that Satrapi is trying to push.  The illistrations especially helped.  It made it a much more enjoyable read, considering I was able to see things and emotions and was able to make a better connetion to the book.  The fact that I was more connected to the book, made it easier for me to take in the information than it would have been for me to read that website.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

• Monthly

• Meta

• Subscribe to RSS feed
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS
    • Subscribe to Atom feed
    • Powered by WordPress; state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.
    • Firefox - Rediscover the web
  • Spam prevention powered by Akismet