Eng255

November 12th, 2010

The sound and the fury

Posted by jeannem in Uncategorized

Benjy’s section of the novel is very confusing at first and hard to read.  I have to admit that reading the first few pages of this section was not very thrilling for me.  I found it hard to get into the story because of how complicated it is.

When I got passed the first few pages and figured out that it was Benjys memories intertwined with what was going on present day, it was a lot easier for me to follow along with the story and at that point the book came alive for me.

I think it may have been around page 15 in my book that I started to get interested.  It wa incredible to see how much attention Benjy pays to his sister Caddy and see the dynamic in their relationship.  Its easy to see how much the two care about each other and how above everything else, Benjy seems to remember Caddy above everything else.

Also, once I figured out what was going on, it was great to see how Benjy, being the way he is, would perceive things.  I think Faulker did a good job with Benjy for the most part.  I didn’t really love seeing things from his point of view, considering how weird the timeline was and how difficult it was to follow, but I think it was kind of accurate to how a person like Benjy might really think, especially if the person was strongly connected to someone else like Benjy is to Caddy.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

• Monthly

• Meta

• Subscribe to RSS feed
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS
    • Subscribe to Atom feed
    • Powered by WordPress; state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.
    • Firefox - Rediscover the web
  • Spam prevention powered by Akismet