Eng255

November 13th, 2010

April 6, 1928–Jasons a pain in the but

Posted by jeannem in Uncategorized

Ok, so I didn’t really like this section only because I didn’t really like Jason.  I hated his personality and his treatment of other people.  He is mean, rude, and just plain nasty at times.  However, even though I didn’t really love it, a lot of things came clear to me that hadn’t been before.  

Like the fact that Miss Quentin is actually Caddy’s dauhter is revealed in this section.  I mean, I knew Caddy was pregnant from Benjy’s section, but I didn’t realize that the baby was actually living with the family.  I didn’t like the fact that they wouldn’t let Caddy see the baby because her marrige had failed.  Quentin is her daughter and she has every right to see her.  I hated what Jason did to her at her fathers funeral.  If I Caddy, I would have popped him in the face.

Another thing that became clear in this section is why Luster spent the entire length of Benjy’s section looking for his quarter.  I didn’t appreciate Jason’s treatment of Luster, especially when he wasn’t going to use the tickets anyway.  I thought it was cruel for Faulker to make Luster lose his quarter when he had been tortured so much into getting it.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

• Monthly

• Meta

• Subscribe to RSS feed
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS
    • Subscribe to Atom feed
    • Powered by WordPress; state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.
    • Firefox - Rediscover the web
  • Spam prevention powered by Akismet