Eng255

November 13th, 2010

The sound and the fury– benjys inner workings

Posted by jeannem in Uncategorized

I thought I would look at page 34 in my book for illumination.  In this section, the dynamics of Benjy and Caddy’s relationship are very clear.  It’s interesting to see how Benjy sees so much detail when it comes to the things that Caddy does, and how she is described through his eyes.  I came to like Caddy through Benjy’s eyes, especially on this page.  Caddy take very good care of Benjy and he adores her.  He must remark about Caddy smelling like trees at least for times, just on this page.  I thought it was really sweet how it was so comforting to think about this, not only on this page, but many times throughout the whole section.  It really shows just how much Benjy loves his sister, and how much he misses her.

This page as well as the rest of Benjy’s section was a little strange to read.  The language presented is so simple, it kind of makes it harder to read, having to slow down to understand it.  I liked the fact that it was just one long memory this time though.  It made it just a bit easier to follow.  It seemed to me that the memories of Caddy are the clearest, most detailed parts of Benjy’s section.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

• Monthly

• Meta

• Subscribe to RSS feed
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS
    • Subscribe to Atom feed
    • Powered by WordPress; state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.
    • Firefox - Rediscover the web
  • Spam prevention powered by Akismet